Hi, School is almost out for summer and kids will be heading off to camp soon! Typically you might worry that your they won’t make healthy choices while they’re away from home, but this year, you can send them off with healthy snack options to keep their nutrition in check. Heather Goldberg and Jenny Engel of Spork Foods have put together their top 5 list of kid-friendly summer camp snacks. See their superstar snack recommendations below.
1) Pistachio Chewy Bites – This completely nutritious snack is made of protein packed pistachios, delicious dried cranberries, and agave nectar. This unique flavor combination is the perfect snack for kids any time of day. The convenient, individually wrapped bites are easy to toss into your child’s snack stash and send them off! Steal one for yourself and eat it on the way to work while you’re at it!
2) Fruit Leathers – Fruit leathers have come a long way since we were kids. They’re packed with vitamins and minerals, yet disguised in a fun-to-eat snack! Stretch Island Fruit is our favorite! The grab-and-go aspect is always great too, just in case your little one gets hungry on the bus. We guarantee this snack won’t be traded come the lunch hour!
3) Popcorn- Corn has more nutrition in it than one might think! It’s actually incredibly high in antioxidants and is fun to eat, a win-win for parents and kids. Earth Balance makes a new, non-dairy aged white cheddar popcorn that’s non-GMO and very tasty. There is a reason corn has been a food staple for thousands of years…it’s healthy and delicious!
4) A Good Old Fashion Banana- Let’s face it, this fruit is the original to-go snack. A banana’s thick skin acts as natural tupperware, it’s loaded with low glycemic carbs, and will give your kids the energy they need to run around all day. If endurance athletes can lean on bananas for nutrition, surely we can too.
5) Kale Chips- Kids like kale these days (lucky for us). What an incredible alternative to potato chips and other fried foods! Kale Chips are absolutely jam-packed with vitamin K which builds bone mass in the body. This treat will provide the crunch they love and the nutrients you love for our developing kids to eat! One of our favorite companies is Just Pure Foods, because all of the products are organic, made with love and taste amazing.
© Everything Changes http://www.mistymorgan.net I received a free product to help facilitate this review. The opinions expressed in this review are mine and unbiased. For more information please see my disclosure policy located in the PR section of this site.